A big supermarket chain wants a simulation of their checkouts. They regularly face questions such as:
• If we use six checkouts instead of five, how much does that reduce the waiting time for each customer?
• Is it worth it?
• Is it useful to open another "5 items or less" checkout? Or should it be "10 items or less"?
There is some new technology on the market:
scanners that would reduce the scanning time for each item (they are much more reliable). But three of the new scanners cost as much as five of the old ones -
• is it worth buying them?
• Does that really make a difference?
They want you to simulate checkout queues to answer these and similar questions.
Your implementation should allow for:
• a variable number of functioning checkouts (1 to 8).
• the number of products for each trolley（购物车） to be generated randomly within a user specified range (1 to 200).
• the time for each product to be entered at the checkout to be generated randomly within a user specified range (.5 to 6).
• one or more checkouts to have a restriction on the number of items e.g. "5 items or less".
• the rate the customer arrive at the checkouts to be generated randomly within a user specified range (0 to 60).
Your implementations should record the following:
• total wait time for each customer
• total utilization for each checkout
• total products processed
• average customer wait time
• average checkout utilisation
• average products per trolley
• The number of lost customers (Customers will leave the store if they need to join a queue more than six deep)
A skeletal implementation of a graphical checkout application has been provided. You do not have to use this code and are free to change it or develop your own independently. A separate thread must be used for each checkout with a appropriate synchronization scheme of your choosing.
Your solution should provide both safety and liveness.
Bu iş için 9 freelancer ortalamada €611 teklif veriyor
Dear Sir, I am experienced Java programmer. I have worked on many simulation and parallel programming tasks. I am confident to do this simulation for a supermarket with answer to all your queries. Please also provide m Daha Fazla
Hello I am Java expert and interested in this project. Please share skeleton implementation provided. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards Anshu
Hi! I have checked your requirement carefully. I am a expert of WebSite development and mobile apps. I am an iOS/Android software expert with rich experience. I have built several successful iOS/android games: si Daha Fazla
Hello, i have more than ten years of programming experience and i've worked in several simulation project such as [url removed, login to view], implementation of a intel 4004 emulator and more. Daha Fazla
Hello, I am an experienced Labview developer with lot of experience in freelance work and data manipulatio. Labview is a perfect fit for such a simulation. This language offers nice graphical interfaces and a powe Daha Fazla
I am confident I can assist you. We are team of Pro-Coders. Moreover, I am Top Ranked American Company Expert, Done more than 1300 (full star Feedbacks) projects on Liveperson Inc. See link for my detailed list of sati Daha Fazla
Hello, Thanks for giving me chance to bid on your task and taking a minute to read my profile brief.I have read this and i assured you 100% completion and best quality in reasoanble price. My expertise in web de Daha Fazla
10 years+ Experience in 2D & 3D Designing---Programming----Developing Games----Android App---IPhone App---Mac App-- Inventory & Account Software---Online Store---Website Development(Durpal, HTML, mysql,java, jquery, PH Daha Fazla
I am a software engineering student. I have done software design and architecture courses. I can design a good architecture for this simulation software and can implement it in Java.
I did a specialization on simulation during my master at university and i worked for a company doing logistic simulation / optimization. i'm assuming the graphical interface is provided and useable so that i don't h Daha Fazla
I have experience in simulation programs and I find your project interesting. Plus this could be my first project on freelancer which would guarantee you my full dedication.