A big supermarket chain wants a simulation of their checkouts. They regularly face questions such as:
• If we use six checkouts instead of five, how much does that reduce the waiting time for each customer?
• Is it worth it?
• Is it useful to open another "5 items or less" checkout? Or should it be "10 items or less"?
There is some new technology on the market:
scanners that would reduce the scanning time for each item (they are much more reliable). But three of the new scanners cost as much as five of the old ones -
• is it worth buying them?
• Does that really make a difference?
They want you to simulate checkout queues to answer these and similar questions.
Your implementation should allow for:
• a variable number of functioning checkouts (1 to 8).
• the number of products for each trolley（购物车） to be generated randomly within a user specified range (1 to 200).
• the time for each product to be entered at the checkout to be generated randomly within a user specified range (.5 to 6).
• one or more checkouts to have a restriction on the number of items e.g. "5 items or less".
• the rate the customer arrive at the checkouts to be generated randomly within a user specified range (0 to 60).
Your implementations should record the following:
• total wait time for each customer
• total utilization for each checkout
• total products processed
• average customer wait time
• average checkout utilisation
• average products per trolley
• The number of lost customers (Customers will leave the store if they need to join a queue more than six deep)
A skeletal implementation of a graphical checkout application has been provided. You do not have to use this code and are free to change it or develop your own independently. A separate thread must be used for each checkout with a appropriate synchronization scheme of your choosing.
Your solution should provide both safety and liveness.
9 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 611€ teklif veriyor
Hello I am Java expert and interested in this project. Please share skeleton implementation provided. Looking forward to hear from you. Regards Anshu
I am a software engineering student. I have done software design and architecture courses. I can design a good architecture for this simulation software and can implement it in Java.
I have experience in simulation programs and I find your project interesting. Plus this could be my first project on freelancer which would guarantee you my full dedication.