The project is based on the data given in the Excel spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet contains GDP (Gross Domestic Product) data, Expense (% of GDP) data and Population data for UK & USA. The data is collected from the World Bank
You are expected to draw line charts, calculate the descriptive statistics and analyse data. In particular, you should seek to summarise the information, using line charts and descriptive statistics and should interpret your findings. You should think about using theories and actual facts from other courses and from the internet to aid your interpretation and explanation of key findings. The results of your analysis need to be submitted in the form of a report of minimum 1000 words long excluding graphs, tables, references and appendices.
The marking scheme will place emphasis on your ability to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of statistics, their application, and their interpretation.
The project is intended to develop a range of skills and knowledge.
Expense (% of GDP): Expense is cash payments for operating activities of the government in providing goods and services. It includes compensation of employees (such as wages and salaries), interest and subsidies, grants, social benefits, and other expenses such as rent and dividends.
GDP (Gross Domestic Product): GDP at purchaser's prices is the sum of gross value added by all resident producers in the economy plus any product taxes and minus any subsidies not included in the value of the products. Data are in current U.S. dollars (Million).
Total Population: Total Number of Population
Source: World Bank
3. The Brief notes
You are required to produce a typed report on your chosen topic. The report should contain (in order) the following material:
• It needs to draw on the relevant course materials, such as the textbook, lecture content, tutorial exercises, or additional readings.
• The report will need to be referenced according to normal academic procedures using Harvard referencing conventions. Please note that the list of references does not count towards the overall word limit.
The file should be in MS Word, RTF format or PDF and should use the following formatting requirements: font 12, one-inch margin, using double spaced.
1) Introduction, which explains
• the type of data and description of the variables and source area you have chosen to investigate
• an explanation of the sources of your data
• an assessment of any potential limitations or problems associated with the data.
2) A presentation of your data using appropriate graphs and tables.
3) An analysis of your data with explanations of why you have chosen specific statistical techniques.
4) A discussion of the results, which explains them in their wider social, economic and political context.
5) A conclusion.
Bu iş için 7 freelancer ortalamada $53 teklif veriyor
Hey! I am really interested in this job. I’m data scientist working remotely with various analytical companies. I’m offering best quality and highest performance at a price we are both comfortable with. I can complet Daha Fazla