A server back-up script is required for backing up a 1&1 hosted LINUX server to
a separate back-up server, also hosted by 1&1.
Plesk control panel access and SSH access can be provided as well as FTP details
for both the main server and back-up server.
A back-up routine is required that achieves the following:
1. Weekly back-up of ALL files, including system files, so that a total restore
of the entire server could be made in the event of a bad crash. Backup to run
every Sunday at 00.00 GMT.
2. Auto-delete old weekly back-up files older than 6 weeks.
3. Daily back-up of all client files, web site files, etc. i.e. non-system
files. Backup to run daily at 00.00 GMT.
4. Auto-delete old daily back-up files older than 14 days.
5. Send email notification if backup server becomes full, or if any problems
6. Send email notification upon successful completion of each back-up
7. Produce a detailed read me file explaining exactly how to restore a file from
the back-up and how to restore the entire server from the back-up.
8. Delete any existing backup script set upin either SSH or Plesk
we have worked on various back-up projects including running scheduled cron jobs as per the requirements or additionally providing an interface to the admin to schedule these different backup scripts. pls see pm for de Daha Fazla