A server back-up script is required for backing up a 1&1 hosted LINUX server to
a separate back-up server, also hosted by 1&1.
Plesk control panel access and SSH access can be provided as well as FTP details
for both the main server and back-up server.
A back-up routine is required that achieves the following:
1. Weekly back-up of ALL files, including system files, so that a total restore
of the entire server could be made in the event of a bad crash. Backup to run
every Sunday at 00.00 GMT.
2. Auto-delete old weekly back-up files older than 6 weeks.
3. Daily back-up of all client files, web site files, etc. i.e. non-system
files. Backup to run daily at 00.00 GMT.
4. Auto-delete old daily back-up files older than 14 days.
5. Send email notification if backup server becomes full, or if any problems
6. Send email notification upon successful completion of each back-up
7. Produce a detailed read me file explaining exactly how to restore a file from
the back-up and how to restore the entire server from the back-up.
8. Delete any existing backup script set upin either SSH or Plesk