Postfix + IMAP
Basically, everything other than the primary DNS setup will be done on Server 2.
* IMPORTANT: Services must be configured using Yast, as outlined in the following documents (Please do not bid if you are not experienced with advanced server configuration via the Yast interface):
DNS - [url removed, login to view]
Mail - [url removed, login to view];docType=kc&externalId=feature-16264html&sliceId=&dialogID=47638212&stateId=0%200%2047640131
Web - [url removed, login to view]
Note - I am comfortable with the Yast command line GUI, and should any changes be needed on the fly, I must be able to execute those changes using Yast. Configuring the server outside of Yast will likely break it.
Apache should be configured with IP Based Virtual Host settings for each domain
* IP's used by apache must be bound to eth0, and IP's for postfix must be bound to eth1
Each domain will use the same webroot - /srv/www/htdocs/mirrors/
* Except the primary domain - /srv/www/htdocs/
Every domain will have the exact same email configuration:
1 catchall account = catch@domain (the same user/password for all domains)
and the following aliases - abuse@domain, admin@domain, postmaster@domain, spam@domain which will be forwarded to
* Only the primary domain will have a unique user/password
** IMPORTANT **
It is critical that the Postfix configuration supports virtual domains properly, so that if a request is sent from another SMTP to user@domain5, postfix responds as [url removed, login to view], NOT mail.primary-postfix-domain.
Each DNS record should contain an SPF record
Here is a sample DNS configuration:
@ 3600 IN SOA domain1.com. postmaster.primary-domain.com. (
2007092702 ; serial
3600 ; refresh
900 ; retry
1209600 ; expire
3600 ; default_ttl
@ IN A 192.168.1.1
@ IN NS NS1.DNS-DOMAIN.
@ IN NS NS2.DNS-DOMAIN.
www IN A 192.168.1.1
mail IN A 192.168.1.2
smtp IN A 192.168.1.3
@ IN MX 10 mail.domain1.com.
@ IN MX 50 smtp.domain1.com.
; SPF Records
domain1.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 ip4:192.168.1.2 ip4:192.168.1.3 a mx a:[url removed, login to view] a:[url removed, login to view] mx:[url removed, login to view] ~all"
* There will be a second host/mx record ([url removed, login to view]) which must be added to each domain's dns record, but you do not need to configure this host or bind it's IP. It has already been configured on another server, and requires only the dns entry to function properly. (It is used exclusively for mailing list delivery, and all inbound messages will automatically be proxied to postfix @ [url removed, login to view] on Server 2). Zone files do NOT have to be configured exactly like this, just as long as they are properly formatted and function properly. This is an example of how they are configured currently.
There are a total of 183 domains to configure, and 366 IP's to bind (182 domains which share a common webroot, and common IMAP user/alias/password setup, 1 primary domain with unique settings, and 2 DNS Hosts).
The domain names and IP configuration are clearly detailed in a spreadsheet and will be shared exclusively with the chosen provider, along with login instructions.
I need the entire project completed as quickly as possible as these are live domains which currently all reside on a separate single server. To facilitate the move to the 2 new servers, I will bring the original server down during the entire setup process. This way it can be done as if it were a brand new setup, and no time will be wasted with the original server. All IP's in use on the original machine and all zone files will be removed at start time.
Please provide an estimated time to completion with your bid. If you have any questions about the project, please contact me for more information.
I also add approximately 20 new domains per week, and am in need of a new administrator to handle tasks on an ongoing basis. I would prefer someone I can work with on regularly for all server administration.