We search for an expert who can design a new pfSense firewall system for a datacenter.
Your job is to document the existing Cisco ASA network and to provide the documentation for the new pfSense.
Also part of the job is to consult us in a new solution how to setup best the new network for IPv4 and IPv6.
Also part of the job is to share us how you want to document NAT and firewall rules and how to ensure that they will stay documented in the future.
Since we get often application/proposals of "experts" with no real hands on experience in the requested topic, please provide us:
- how big is your currently maintained network with pfSense (how many IPs, how many networks, how many VLANs)
- how is your pfSense connected to the IXP (bandwidth, technology, redundancy)?
- how is your pfSense connected to the internal network (bandwidth, technology, redundancy)?
- how many pfSense setups have you done in the last 2 years?
- how you ensure ongoing documentation of firewalls (topology, nat and firewall rules) with multiple administrative persons?
- what is the best practice for IPv4 and IPv6 setup?
We are searching for someone to get started with our new pfSense in real environment. We have a lab setup with already good experience in it.
Also we would like to have someone on the long run to take responsibility for the full firewall in the future.
Our expertise is about 25y+ in IT business, so do not try to trick us, we will evict you forever from our acceptance list. Play honest and fair and we do also. Name us your real experience and we may still consider you if you play honest, even if you have some lack of skills.
Also we do not disclose any budgets or hourly rates we want to pay. Please place your best bid, also do not try to ask us for the budget, since we will not answer.