We are looking for an experienced technical writer to write the technical specifications of our programming jobs for us so we can pass them to developers.
We are building a workflow management web application for investment managers using python with web2py as our web framework. The user interface will rely heavily on Kendo UI widgets.
We have broken our development project into jobs and have written individual user specifications for each job. You will need to speak with us (on Skype) on each user specification so we can explain what we need in more detail, and then come back with a draft specification we can approve before you finalize.
There are a number of jobs so we will cover several jobs on one call and several approvals in one batch. Both this project and future projects will have an ongoing need for technical job specification so we hope that your doing a good job here will allow us to form a long term partnership with you passing you more of these jobs as they arise.
Each job will be outsourced either individually or as a group to outsourcing websites (such as this one) and so will need to be detailed, clear and accessible to people of different native tongues.
- Proven experience with writing development and programming jobs. We will want to see examples of your work.
- You need to know enough about python, web2py, postgres and jquery to be able to right detailed job descriptions that developers using these components will understand.
- You need to be fluent in English (unfortunately that's the only thing we speak) and willing to interact with us daily.
- You need to be quick at turning the technical jobs around since we have to have them all ready within the week. If you have lots of other jobs on the go at the moment this job is not for you.
- You need to be excellent at writing crystal clear job specifications that developers will find interesting and compelling.
- You'll need to use a model-view-controller framework in writing up your technical job specs.
- We need an object oriented framework and you'll need to be able to specify coding practices that will allow each jobs modules to be integrated under the web2py framework.
Its fine to be an agency. We're happy to deal with groups of clever people.