In a product development agency, the quality of the work delivered influences what kind of experience the client gets. And quality means everything from communication to the look and feel of the final product. Is it a lot to cover? Not for a Quality Assurance Engineer who enjoys assisting the delivery of products in their finest details, with focus on manual testing.
As you’re reading this, we’re looking for YOU - a Quality Assurance Engineer who has more than 2 years of experience with manual testing of web and mobile applications and is used to analyse system specifications, document technical issues and reporting them.
Someone who loves working in a team and sharing new ideas, who is looking at the bigger picture and who has solid problem-solving abilities. For us, the ideal QA is skilled with:
- Agile methodologies;
- Test planning techniques and testing methodologies;
- Functional and Non-functional testing, including performance;
- Creating and following test scenarios, test design;
- Working on multiple projects and managing their time;
- Experience within the software development life cycle.
Beyond these, it’s a plus:
- If you have the drive and commitment to implement a process from scratch;
- If you like to write about what you do as a Quality Assurance Engineer (we love writing about this subject on our blog). :slightly_smiling_face:
How will you work at Around25? As part of a team, alongside developers and a project manager. These are people who are quick learners, so you will best fit among them if you enjoy developing your tech stack. Moreover, you will be able to use your skills and innovative spirit to influence the technical direction of the company.
From our experience, this scenario works best if YOU are:
- Detail-oriented, well organised and proactive;
- Curious and driven to learn/to keep up with new programming languages or frameworks;
- Good communicator and comfortable with explaining technical decisions;
- Good at writing documentation for new projects, at taking notes and at giving time estimates;
- Available for 30-40 hours/week, check your email regularly and are online on Slack;
- In a timezone that is +/- 4 hours of GMT+2;
- Very good at writing and speaking English.
We work hard everyday to improve ourselves and the products we deliver. That’s why we are: proactive, self-taught, entrepreneurial, innovative, cutting-edge, standard-bearers. Make no mistake: we know we’re not perfect. Foodies for life, workaholics, and sometimes too addicted to adrenaline, we may give you tough love at first but we promise you’ll grow tenfold faster this way. What you can expect from us:
- a commitment to deliver quality on all projects;
- flexible hours because we care more about getting shit done than about you being online at 9AM sharp;
- diverse tech stack and ambitious projects;
- technical support from the development team.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. What do you like most about doing QA?
2. Are you somewhat technical? Did you ever try to change something in a database? Or wonder how to install a project locally?
3. Describe a past project/assignment that did not work out well. Why do you think happened that caused it? How could it be prevented in the future?
4. What are you looking for in your next project/collaboration to consider it a win-win?
If you want to be part of the family, you must be ready to take on challenges each time they arise and be in sync with our heartbeat. Looking forward to your application!