First question: Do you do Maxscript? Yes or no?
Please have a look at the script files attached.
- What do I need?
I have a code snippet that creates custom rollouts on objects or modifiers. I need those Custom Rollouts to appear automatically through a callback. The code snippet provided should do precisely that. This script will help me automatize this process and also save the callback code into an .ms file that is located in the startup folder. Also, it runs the code upon creation so I wont need to restart max and run the startup script to have it work.
GUI of the script and its functionalities
- One droplist with items, eg modifiers – as a coder, you know what more type of items there are and how they are easily listed. Separate list? Or maybe skip the droplist and instead “pick from modifier stack”?
- Another droplist of “Current Custom Rollouts”
- Textbox (edittext) where you can write script-code
- When you pick an item out of the “Current Custom Rollouts”, the script code is revealed in the textbox. You can edit that and save it.
- You can pick an item from the Modifiers Droplist and press Add. The modifier of choice will be added into the “Current Custom Rollouts” and awaits a save.