Below are the specs and template for avatars we can plan to use in a platform called use in 3dxplorer. We need to get a quote from your for creating 10-12 avatars. This will be an ongoing project with new avatars requested every few months. Your job is to build avatars with high quality facial features, in a variety of generic ethnicities, with choices for men and women. These will be V90 avatars.
Then design a shirt for each avatar which shows a distinct image or conference logo for the event. Some shirts are for event officials, they will say EVENT STAFF on the back.
We will have an ongoing need for new avatar creation, so good quality work done on this initial project can lead to additional future work.
Here are the specs from the folks at 3dxplorer:
In order to create additional avatars, you can use our own template, modify it, while keeping the skeleton as is, and send us back the exact same file formats (COLLADA or Max 9). We’ll then add them to the library so that your visitors will be able to use them.
1. Biped skeleton must be kept as it is. No modification should be done to the skeleton.
2. Skinning should be done using the “Skin” modifier in 3DS MAX.
3. V90 avatars should have around 90 triangles.
4. V300 avatars should have around 300 triangles.
5. V3000 avatars should have around 3000 triangles.
6. All versions use the same skeleton.
7. No animation is required.
The attached file is a sample of v300 avatar with the reference skeleton (Max 9). It also includes the Collada export.