The assignment shall include a 1-year periodization plan, exercise programs and a written component to support the plan. The scenario can be fabricated. an example would be: A Rugby player at a National level with 2 competition in a year. You are to demonstrate your ability to put what you have learnt so far from the module into application while expanding your knowledge in this area through self-directed research. There should be a minimum of 10 pages though you are invited to be as detailed as possible so there is no ceiling for the number of pages. Ensure that APA formatting is adhered to, reliable references are cited and there is no plagiarism.
Citation is important.
If awarded I will send you the slides and materials needed as well as some past reports.
More than 600 muscles are used by humans to work, exercise, play and accomplish daily tasks. The skeletal muscle is our body’s most abundant tissue making about 22-26% of a female’s body mass and about 40-44 % of a male’s body mass. Adequate muscle strength is important at every stage of our life to move with ease, improve bone health, efficient glucose tolerance and better metabolism, better posture, avoid injuries, enhance self-esteem and have an improved quality of life.
This module is structured to provide a concept and practice-based understanding of muscular fitness and conditioning on the following aspects:
1. Components of muscular fitness
2. Principles of Strength Training
3. Muscular fitness training
4. Monitoring and assessment of muscular fitness
5. Understanding the different components of muscular fitness
6. Gain knowledge and practice-based experience on strength training and muscular fitness programmes
7. Understand the terminology, safety concerns, and proper techniques using both free weights and machines.
8. Demonstrate the basic skills of weight training exercises for major muscle groups using correct posture and technique.
Prepared by: Vivienne Pua Last edited: 17DEC11
5. Develop and manage a personal and sustainable muscular fitness plan
6. Monitor strength training and assess strength gains.
7. Safe practices in strength training
1. End of Module Practical Assessment: 40%
2. Power and Plyometrics in-lesson Practical Assessment: 10%
3. Program Design and Periodization Assignment: 30%
4. Class Involvement: 20%
Baechle, T.R. & Earle, R.W. (2008). Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning (3rd ed.) National Strength and Conditioning Association. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Bompa, T. O., & Haff, G. G. (2009). Periodization: Theory and Methodology of Training. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Chu, D. A. (1996). Explosive Power and Strength: Complex training for maximum results. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Fleck, S. J., and Kramer, W. J. (2004). Designing Resistance Training Programs (3rd ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Howley, E. T. & Franks B. D. (2007) Fitness Professional’s Handbook (5th ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
McGill, S. M. (2004). Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance (2nd ed.). Ontario: Wabuno Publishers.
Myers, T. W. (2002). Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists. London: Elsevier Science.
Sahrmann, S. (2001). Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Impairment Syndromes. St Louis : Mosby Inc
2 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 194$ teklif veriyor
ALREADY DONE REPORTS/ ESSAYS ABOUT IQ AND INTELLIGENCE. - Are you online ? I want to discuss - Affordable price + 5/5 reputation + Support = Meldev