I have an English text of approximately 30.000 words, that has been translated from French. The text is in a MSExcel sheet with the French text on one side and the English text on the other side.
The English text is a very bad translation, done mostly with a computer.
The project is: to correct this English text.
- Make the English text match the meaning of the French text precisely.
- Make the English text grammatically correct English.
- Make the text 'Globish', meaning a very simple sort of English (for more information on Globish see [url removed, login to view]).
Abilities needed for this project are:
- You need to understand French very well.
- You need to have perfect English. It does not need to be Oxford English, but it does need to be grammatically 99% correct.
- You need to be able to think structurally. The text has a lot of repetition (variations on the same sentences) and you need to be able to see the connections.
See the attachment for a sample of the text. In this sample you will also see the repetition in the text.
Please state your country of residence.
Please state your experience in other translation and/or writing projects.