E-learning developers work with others to develop courses that can be studied on a computer network. This can be an internal network, or an external one offering courses to people in different places. In this job you would need to use web authoring and development software. You would also need to communicate well, give presentations, and design interesting learning programmes. You would build online training areas known as virtual learning environments.
• Knowledge on design/development with significant, demonstrable skills with industry-standard software: Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, Flash, Adobe Suite, GoTo or WebEx Training Center, etc.
• Designing eLearning for software applications.
• Knowledge of eLearning infrastructure: LMS, LCMS, video distribution, SCORM and xAPI standards
• Know video editing tools and video deployment/optimization (Adobe premier, After effects etc..)
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of instructional design models
• A passion to learn and master new tools..
• Strong design sense. A critical, artistic eye for color, sound, motion, etc.
• Basic Project Management skills with ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and deliver quality results in a time-sensitive environment.
• Demonstrable experience building interactive materials that interoperate with learning management platforms. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as needed with content
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects working independently and collaboratively with a team.
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience in the design of training & learning courseware. Examples of degrees may include Instructional Systems Technology, Graphic Design, eLearning Design eLearning or training-related professional certifications are a plus. (i.e. ATD, CPLP, eLearning Design Certification, etc.)
• Formal software application certifications and training greatly valued (i.e. Flash, Adobe eLearning Suite, Captivate, Articulate, etc.)