I work for a school system and we are getting ready to start a netbook initiative which will give out netbooks to students. One of my concerns are finding stolen machines. We do not have the money to purchase a commercial product, and we have looked at open source products such as Prey however, there are flaws in the way they are designed.
Basically here is what I need:
- Client installs on all machines
- Client checks a website I create to see if it is stolen
- Client determines that it is stolen if the webpage says stolen. A webpage that does not exist or a page that doesnt say stolen will not activate the client. However, if the page says stolen the client activates.
- If client is flagged stolen then webcam initializes and snaps a photo, the ip address of the machine is gathered and the username
- All this happens quietly in the background and an email is sent with the photo and ip information attached.
- An alert is then displayed on the client that their activity is being logged.
Please, do not bid on this project unless you are able to complete it and do so with a relatively quick turn around. Our systems run Windows XP Professional.
33 freelancer bu iş için ortalamada 1790$ teklif veriyor
13 Years of experience in Software development Windows and Web. Expert in Sql Server and .NET. Microsoft Certified as MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT.
Hi, We are Atlanta based Web Development Firm and interested in your project. we can offer a quality product with 100% satisfaction.Please check your PMB for more details.