I'd like to expand on the functionality of the current workout clock to allow user customization:
1) Allow user to upload sound files -- not sure what formats make sense, but we can make it whatever it needs to be. .wav and .mp3 at least would be nice.
2) Add another sound event – countdown. This would play at start of workout, end of round, and end of rest. What would be slick, would be that the program would play the last x seconds of the recording. So I could have a recording of a countdown for 10 seconds (“Ten, nine, eight,…”). If we had a countdown of 3 seconds, the program would play the last 3 seconds of that recording. Just a thought, not a must-have.
3) Allow users to specify default sound for each event – start of round, end of round, end of workout, and countdown.
4) Allow users to upload background images for each event – settings page, start of round, start of rest, end of workout. Whatever size makes sense -- on that note, I am having an issue with the current clock on my gym-floor laptop, the sides are getting cropped even though my screen resolution is set to max (its an older laptop)
5) Allow users to specify defaults for the settings page checkboxes.