Hey, my mom wants to use this software...
[url removed, login to view]
but she's hardly computer literate and doesn't want to mess with it on start up.
Every time the computer boots up the program pops up and bugs her to mess with it.
Is there a way someone could write a similar ( much simpler version ) of this program for her?
It could basically consist of 3 files:
1) ( EXE ) The main file. This can just be a Start/Stop button with a Title, Minimize & Close buttons.
2) ( INI ) A config file that would maybe contain some text formatting variables.
- It would also be necessary 2 or 3 other variables:
1) Display Interval = How often the message flashes on the screen.
2) Display Length = How long the message is displayed for ( 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 ms ).
3) Display Location = Where the message is displayed on screen ie: Top, Bottom, Center or Random.
3) ( TXT / XML ) A text file that would contain the messages that would be displayed on the screen.
- Each message would be separated by a new line.
- An XML file would be the preferred file type.
- If a TXT file was used...
- The TXT file name should be editable in the INI file so that files can be switched to change categories.
- If an XML file was used it would be easy to have different categories in the same file.
- If we use XML I can provide the XML file with messages & categories to help keep the cost down.
Nothing too fancy. Just a basic program that achieves the same end result as the Subliminal Flash software.
The coder needs to already know how to harness the power of the computer display property and I'm
guessing a new layer would need to be made so that the messages show up on top of most other programs.
Other Programs meaning: Browsers, Windows Explorer, etc.
It is not necessary for messages to show up on top of videos
that are playing like in youtube, windows media player, etc.
She would like this done in a week! A few days would be much better!