The ultimate aim of this project is to investigate the performance evaluation of VoIP over WiMAX network in order to identify the most appropriate VoIP codec, preferred service flow for VoIP and best traffic arrival distribution for VoIP in WiMAX network.
The list of objectives that this is to fulfil can be observed in the following.
• General understanding of WiMAX networks.
• To investigate the importance of VoIP and identifying the factors effecting the VoIP performance.
• Design a network in such way that, the main office will have all network infrastructures which is connected with a direct Wimax link(like microwave link) to the branch office which is 40kms away from the main office. Now I need to check the network performances on both sides and compare them.
• On each codec get the values of voice jitter, MOS value, voice packet end-end delay, network delay, voice traffic sent, voice traffic received
• To identify the best methodology in order to design and model the WiMAX network in order to carry VoIP calls in OPNET 14.5.
• To simulate the WiMAX network, different VoIP codecs, WiMAX service classes and VoIP traffic arrival distribution in order to investigate and analyze the behaviour and performance of the model.