We represent a project team creating a eCommerce offering in the alcoholic beverages space. This new eCommerce store will be built using an eCommerce template so we consider it a technology driven project (out of the box).
In this technology driven project, an Art Director with experience in branding is required to take on accountability for the brand and digital brand tool-kit which will be rolled out over the store. In the long term, the this brand must be able to stand on its own without heavy endorsement by the corporate endorser.
During the brand creation process, the Art Director may bring in brand elements from the corporate identity, without over endorsement e.g. The Art Director may use some of the corporate branding elements but has the freedom to create new artwork as required. Designs should be future-proof/scalable, in case the logo must be re-worked in the future e.g. for packaging. However only needs to be used digitally (website/eDM) in the short to medium term.
Overall, the Art Director should help to get the most out of the eCommerce template and help create the “The little black dress” that goes on top of the eCommerce store.
- Brand creation
- Pro-actively lead the project team through the brand creation process.
- Provide a number of brand concepts (minimum 5) with rationale that allows the business to choose a direction.
- Complete and refine brand assets including:
* Logo and brand pieces.
* Fonts (preferably web safe) and colour palette.
* Styles for key website elements such as forms, buttons, main menu, structural elements and alerts.
* Define icons for the site e.g. wine awards and other website icons.
* Guidelines for application of brand to eDM headers and footer.
* Recommendations for preparation of eCommerce assets e.g. bottle shots.
* Other design assets as recommended by the Art Director.
* Create PSD templates for banner placements to style promotions
- Prepare a digital brand tool-kit that summarises all brand assets and guides application. This will empower a Front End Developer to create CSS and style the website.
- Post implementation and hand over [commences when store-front has been skinned]
- Post implementation testing and logging of bugs where the design has not been correctly
implemented (using internal bug tracking tool).
- Supply working files to be re-used in the future.
It is important to reinforce that this is a time boxed project, with fixed limitations inherited from the template eCommerce store-front. The Art Director must be accepting of these constraints and work to maximise the opportunity that exists. This involves releasing some creative freedom and taking a ‘less is more’ and often a ‘function over form’ approach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Brand creation experience.
- eCommerce experience.
- Experience in drinks or consumer goods.
- Out of the box (OOB) template customisation.
- Ability to work closely with UX lead/front end developer to collaborate.
- An opportunistic problem solving mindset.
* Must be able to start asap.
* Must be available during the day and able to work from our office in Abbotsford Melbourne for some or all of the time.
* Must have an up to date portfolio.
* Must be over 18.
If you're interested, please get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.