This project is for the creation of Group4Lunch.com. This will be a fun light-hearted website application that provides office lunch management (like who is going to lunch together and where).
Sends and receives emails to group to help choose where to eat/order lunch each day.
If food is to be ordered in group orders are sent to [[office admin]].
Pulls restaurant data from map API (Yahoo, Live or Google).
Web Site Design
Account Mangement Page
- Members signup for an account and choose a lunch group.
- At the beginning of each day the application sends an email to each person asking if that person will be having lunch with their group (configurable text).
If the person does not respond to the email, they won't be included in the followup email.
If the person does respond then they will get an email asking to choose two of three restaurant choices from the database of local restaurants (see restaurants under Account Management). They can respond with either 12, 13, 21, 23, 31, 32, 1, 2, or 3.
(12) This would be First Choice Restaurant 1 - Second Choice Restaurant 2
(13) This would be First Choice Restaurant 1 - Second Choice Restaurant 3
(21) This would be First Choice Restaurant 2 - Second Choice Restaurant 2
(23) This would be First Choice Restaurant 2 - Second Choice Restaurant 2
(31) This would be First Choice Restaurant 3 - Second Choice Restaurant 2
(32) This would be First Choice Restaurant 3 - Second Choice Restaurant 2
(1) This would be Only Choice Restaurant 1
(2) This would be Only Choice Restaurant 2
(3) This would be Only Choice Restaurant 3
In addition, they can type free form text after the numbers with any note they want.
As emails come in the rest of the group can elect to get a copy of the choices along with any notes as they are received by the system.
At a configurable time (default one hour) before the lunch time for the group, the system will calculate which restaurant has the favored restaurant (with link to restaurant website/menu) and email everyone with the choice and list of who has responded.
If the lunch is being ordered in, then this last email can be responded to with free form text so the member can place their order for food with [[the office admin]].
- Receive election emails from group members (yes/no)
- Group List
(Must have group name and group-password to join)
- Lunch Time
- Address (used as center of radius)
- Distance radius for restaurant
Pull from web map API (Yahoo, Live, or Google using address and distance radius)
- Each restaurant will allow for include or exclude. (default include)
Admin Contact Emails
Email addresses to receive lunch orders