I have a customer who has a CMS website that they don't like. It has many limitations and they want it redesigned and rebuilt. I have the redesigns done and approved for the front page and secondary page. I will also supply the architecture of the website, but am also open to suggestions if something in the design or architecture needs to be tweaked or changed. The woman who will be maintaining the website is fairly competant at updating the site but is definitely not technical so the interface has to be SUPER user friendly. Things they want built in that they don't currently have are:
1. adding a new category or sub-category and having it populate the toolbar
2. she has something that she wants to put under what's new. She wants to say more than she has room for so she wants to link that to another page where she can say more and have a link to a document that references what she is talking about
i.e. a design that provides a tease and then if the item is of interest, the reader can click to read more. This has been built into the approved designs of both the front and secondary pages.
3. the company just had an event and they would have liked to post the pictures but they can't do that either
4. A What's New area that displays the top 5 news items in a roll-over fashion. The area is built into the design, the roll-over action would need to be built.
5. On a ‘Join the organization' website page, they want to put up their questionnaire and fee schedule.
6. SEO image tags, meta tags, and keywords need to be built into the design so they can keep their website search engine relevant. Those keywords and metatags will be supplied.
7. Within the Members & Affiliates area, they need a Members Only area. This area will be accessible with a personalized login for each member. This will allow management of logins based upon membership status. We can then direct each member to an area of shared information in the Members Only area or they can be directed to a private area that is specific to that Member. We also need a group/committee login.
8. Enhance the search function on the website and remove the google ads that currently appear on your search page
If interested, please send me a note or reply. I will create the full project as a private project so I can post details about the company without it showing up in google search engines and will add your name to that private project so you can bid on it there after having the full details and being able to see the existing site and the new design.
fyi...I have two additional website rebuilds of the same type coming up within the next four weeks so if you would be interested in bidding on those as well, please include that in your note as well.