Convert SiteFinity site to DNN or WordPress (CMS)
I have a site that is used for community news mostly that is powered by a SiteFinity backend CMS.
I need to convert the site to WordPress or DotNetNuke (DNN) CMS.
The version of SiteFinity it is currently on is 6.
There are 1000s of articles.
What is in scope:
- Migrating ALL the news articles from SiteFinity to the new CMS
- Keeping the multi languages connected articles.
- Keeping (migrating) images and documents.
- Relinking to the images and documents.
- Some images links may be absolute path (entered by inexperienced volunteers). These images links need to be made relative. (same for documents).
- The new site must allow multi language news entry.
- The new solution must allow multi-tenant (both DNN and WordPress can be set as multi-tenant).
What is not in scope:
- Layout/Design: this project assumes you will use the out of the box layout provided. I do not need design and layouts. A white simple non-formatted output is expected for this project.
- Other pages; other content that are not news articles, images or documents are not in scope. The site contacts pages and other type of content. These are out of scope.
Big Plus for:
- The current SiteFinity Site allows multiple URLs per content also allowing each language to have it’s own url. This is excellent for SEO. If your solution can keep the custom URLs specially for the languages then it is a nice plus to your proposal.
Any installation method that allows me to import the new site to my environment is ok. I can work with the candidate to plan.
Ideally; the files and database can be provided and I can simply set it up with the files and database.
- A new WordPress or DNN site that has all the news articles from my old SiteFinity site.
- A news management third party tool (some tools are free others cost a bit) I am willing to pay separately to $150 for a tool that makes the work easier. DNN has third party tools that are free and very powerful such as: [login to view URL] which has a new news module. I believe WordPress may have similar tools.
- The new site allows multiple languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese.
- All languages are migrated. The site displays the news in the language that is selected on the site.
- When no translation exists for an article the default language is English (if an English translation exists) otherwise do not show the article. For example if the user is viewing the French site he will see:
o French Articles
o English articles that have no French translation.
- All images and documents have been transferred to the new site.
- The links to the images and documents are correctly linking from the new site and are relative path.
- I am OK for paying to a migration tool that can help you (up to $100), Discuss with me FIRST.
- I am OK for paying to a news articles management system (module) that you can recommend and I like. If I agree with you ahead of time, I will purchase the license. Up to $150.
Bu iş için 48 freelancer ortalamada $497 teklif veriyor
Hello, I have strong knowledge on WordPress. Sitefinity, I will manage. Need Database access to do this faster. I have 7 yrs experience as web developer. I am ready to start immediately. Regards Rais
Hi, I customize in wordpress solutions and I'm sure I can come up with a workable plan to convert your site to wordpress. Would be happy to discuss more. Thanks, Mike W