My thought is the website would run similar to [login to view URL] or [login to view URL] (but without the various fee structures). The drop down boxes would list:
- country (potential worldwide operation so Australia, New Zealand, USA, France etc)
- state (ie NSW)
- locale (ie, Hunter Valley, Mudgee, Hastings River etc)
- grape variety (ie, Shiraz, Chardonnay etc)
- vine age (in 5-10 year ranges - young grapes vines produce a flavour quite different to old vines)
- volume (half tonne (kg) ranges, and can vary slightly on harvest)
- option for "up to" 5 photographs
In the future, further narrowing down options could be added if required - and could also expand to include harvesting/pruning contractor listings, advertising for maintenance products and machinery.
Listing the grapes for sale would require a registered email login and one off fee per sell or wanted listing, so would require eCommerce attachment - but not intending to get involved in any transactions or taking percentages of sales between sellers and buyers. It would be free to search and a buyer would then be forwarded clients contact email. Would like a database to capture the login emails, so reminders for the next season registration can be sent out.
I suspect one also needs to include a registered login option for any buyer wanting to place a "want/alert" request.