Format song lyrics with CSS into 1 or two colums (see picture):
- The lyrics might have 1 to x verses.
- Every verse is left aligned with number of verse left beside
- The verses should be placed 1-A in a left colum and A+1 - x in right colum and if nessessary one trailing verse centered below.
- within colum the complete (!) block of verses should be centered, also a remaining last one
- if the lines of the lyrics are too long for 2 columns or the display area is too small, then right block should flow under first one and both centered.
- if lines are still too long, what might happen, then there is a soft wrapping aligned left of the text portion (not going left under the number of verse!)
- each verse is one P-tag and every line break an <br/>
I calculate the columns and create the output
What I need is the set of CSS formats to handle it that flexible as described
Currently I use the lazy version: table centered with two cols - fast done but stupid...
There are more smaller jobs like this. But this one is first in line.