I need to create a wordpress plugin which does all of the following.
1) Installs using the standard WP installer and compatible with all 3.X versions
2) Asks for an email address from user once the plugin is activated.
3) Based on that email address search a REMOTE MYSQL DATABASE and pull up a list of anchor texts and url's
4) Create a Local WP database and stores this info (links and text)
5) Creates a widget in the widget under a list of available widget under Appreance admin dashboard section
6) Widget taked number of links to be displayed as a parameter
7) Displays the number of links as mentioned in point 6 above using the links with anchor texts in local WP table
8) if the number in point6 is less then total number of available links then rotate the links
9) An option in the plugin section to refresh the table at the click of a button to fetch new links if they are created in remote database.
10) In the widget there should be a dropdown to select a category for the links and pull only those links that match the category or diaplay all links (and rotate them) if "All" is selected from the drop down
* a sample WP table should look something like this
Category || Link || Text
Video || [url removed, login to view] || Watch Videos
Shopping || [url removed, login to view] || Shop Now
* This data is to be pulled one time (or on demand) and stored in a local WP table which will be used by the plugin