Mashup information found on a specific search site A with a site search B …
I do this process manually, but it takes time. I hope to speed-up the process.
For example purposes only:
I want to find the vendor who sells a red polo shirt from the details found on site A. Site A describes the shirts available – size, colour, style etc but site A doesn't show me a vendor name.
Currently I take the information found from site A and use it in search site B to identify the vendor according to the specifics I want to match from search site A. When I see that these two items match I know what vendor sells the red polo shirt. Done.
Now I repeat the process for a blue polo shirt… etc…
I want to fill in an XLS and get an result of the matched and combined information from Site A and Site B.
The successful bidder will get a full and detailed requirement document with a sample XLS and output along with a test search and desired result.
The following workflow describes the functions necessary.
1. I start with an empty XLS ready to be filled in with my search terms
2. The XLS has a column for each term search site A allows (i.e. product, colour, etc.)
3. Each row in this XLS equates to one search on site A
4. For each row I have filled in the specific terms I'm looking for (i.e. red polo shirt size, style etc, blue polo shirt etc)
5. I can now see how many matches there are to my search on Site A (without yet knowing details of the vendor)
6. This first pass returns the number search hits found from site A. This allows me to avoid processing poorly formed searches that return too many results
7. I can now do a second pass for those rows I choose to attempt a match.
8. Data from search site A is used to search Site B and matches are combined into a document. One document for each row in my XLS
9. This document also includes the search terms used and allow me to highlight those terms found (the output could be csv or xml however the word doc would highlight those terms wherever found in unique colours)
10. As the searches are being processed my XLS is updated as to % complete, matches found and date/time completed for each search row
Using the example above this is how I see the XLS sheet working.
In the XLS I fill in one row with “red” + “polo shirt” + size + style etc, and one row with “blue” + “t-shirt”. And so on
I click a button to see how many results are found. Search row one return 20 results and row two returns 199 results on site A.
I decide I only want to process row one's 20 results.
These 20 results, along with extra data are used to search site B for the same information.
As the results are being complied I can see in my XLS when it completes 100% and how many exact matches we found 15/20.
Now I open row one's hyperlink to examine the mashup results.
In the document I can see all the results for the 20 searches and the search criteria originally used for site A and my search terms highlighted in alternating colours.
For instance result number 5 using a red, polo shirt, plus the extra information found of size:XL and price:£39 returns a match showing me information from site B which is this item is sold by the XYZ corp. DONE
The XLS allows me to change parameters and re-run the results etc. again and again.
I wouldn't use VBA do the processing as it's too slow and hard to debug, but from the XLS and DOC you can see some VBA will be necessary.
I will want the source code used as well. If you can manage to author this with an open source tool that would be appreciated.
Hi!, pro quality solution guaranteed, please check PMB.