See the attached file. Here are the details:
1. Background – he wants the sky and ocean to be at the top and the sand to be at the very bottom of the page. I put a transition of green in the middle. Can this be the background color that expands as the page gets longer?
2. I faded out the sides of the background since there isn't a repeat – hopefully his monitor isn't too big!
3. Navigation – The main nav bar is at a slight angle and so are the main links. The text links are straight. :)
4. Text links: #e67a33; hover black
5. Hero – The area below the nav bar to above the center divider graphic will be a slideshow that rotates. I will do the slideshow, but please place one image here that will be easy for me to replace.
6. Texture – there's a slight paper texture that's across sort of the whole site. I know it's a PIA, but he hates the generic computer looking style and wanted some texture to everything. I hope this is manageable. It may limit the flexibility on the home page. I'll be really conscious of it for the template so the pages can expand and contract as necessary.