Tips to improve your profile summary
Your profile summary provides employers with a brief description of yourself as a freelancer on the site.
Consider the following tips on how to best write your profile summary:
• Emphasize your skills. List all the work experience you have had. Did you spend some time as a hard core coder before transitioning to project management? Showcase your versatility and the range of work that you can deliver.
• Accurately represent your abilities and your resources. It is important for employers to know if you are able to complete large, medium, or small projects. It would be helpful to mention if you manage a team of 10 or if all your writers have more than five years experience in the field. Some employers also prefer working with individual freelancers.
• Tell us what makes you different. Make yourself stand out by including important experience, processes, or offers. Have you won a NASA contest before? Include that. Do you have quality checks for all codes created by your studio? Mention that. Do you have 24/7 support available? List that as well.
• Get it right the first time. Avoid grammar and spelling mistakes. If you can ask someone else to proofread your work, do it.
• Update your profile regularly. Skills and experience change over time, so make sure to keep your profile up-to-date to improve your chances of getting the projects that suit your skills.
Want more tips for an irresistible profile summary? Read here.