Creating Milestone Payments
Clients can easily create Milestone Payments through the following scenarios and pages on the site:
When awarding a project
- When accepting quotations
On the project page once the award is accepted
Via Inbox and Chat
Clients can also create Milestone Payments from the Financial Dashboard:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Financial Dashboard under Finances.
2. Check the Milestone Requests view, and click Incoming to see if your freelancer has requested payments to be created.
If there is and you wish to create it, click Create Milestone, and Confirm Payment.
3. If there isn’t, click Milestones and the Create Milestone Payment button.
4. Select the freelancer you wish to create a payment for, and provide the amount. The payment currency will follow your posted project’s currency.
5. Click Create Milestone.
Creating Milestone Payments will immediately charge the account's balance or the verified payment method linked (if you have automatic billing activated). The funds will be held until the client chooses to release them to their freelancer.
Every Milestone Payment that is created will have its own invoice that can be viewed and downloaded from the project page.