Closing my Freelancer account
Closing your account would mean that all your transactions with other users in the site will be ceased. Reopening the account later will allow you to see all your transactions including reviews, but not resume your transactions with other users.
The following conditions should be met before you close your account.
- You have no outstanding projects or contests.
Visit My Projects to close or cancel them.
Otherwise, contact Support from the Contact Us button below.
- You have no outstanding fees owed.
Deposit funds to clear your negative balance.
- You have funds remaining in your account.
To close your account, follow these steps:
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar. Then, click Settings.
2. Select the Account tab.
3. Click Close My Account.
4. Complete the short survey, and click Close my account.
If you are having issues with your account, and need guidance on how to handle project conflicts, or if you’re confused with specific transactions and somehow lost in the site, let us know. Our Support team is always ready to assist you.