Requesting Milestone Payments for Hourly Projects
For hourly projects, the primary method of payment is Automatic Billing, where employers have a verified payment method and automatically pay tracking hours every week. However, in addition you can request your employer to create Milestone Payments via the project page or the Financial Dashboard page.
On the Project Page
1. Go to your My Projects page.
2. Toggle the Freelancer view, select the Current Work tab, and choose the related project.
4. Enter the amount and description of the payment and click Request Milestone to send the request. Note that the payment’s currency will follow the currency in which the project was listed under.
On the Financial Dashboard
1. Click your profile picture thumbnail from the main menu bar, and choose Financial Dashboard under Finances.
2. Select the Milestone Requests tab.
3. Click Request Milestone.
4. Choose the related project under the Select Active Project section.
5. Enter the amount and description of the Milestone Payment you wish to request from your employer.
6. Click Request Milestone once done.
Note: Requesting a Milestone Payment does not create the Milestone Payment itself as only employers can create Milestone Payments.
Your employer will be notified of your Milestone Request instead. If they accept your request, the Milestone Request will then be created into a Milestone Payment.
Communication is an essential part of every project. For queries and clarifications regarding an unapproved Milestone Request or disputes regarding the payment amounts, we recommend messaging your employer directly through chat.