Are you a beginner to blogging? Have you seen the AdSense ads when you searched something on Google? In this guide, I will try to give you an overview of what AdSense is and how it works.
What exactly is Google AdSense?
AdSense is an advertising program that allows bloggers and website owners to make money by displaying Google ads and having site visitors view and/or click on them. There are two ways to make money from AdSense:
· Impressions – this is based on the number of page views of pages/posts with ads.
· Clicks – this is based on how many people click on the ads.
It is free to become a verified website publisher in the Google AdSense program. To make it possible, sign up for an AdSense account and add the code to your blog or website. You can choose how your ads look, where they show up, and even what kind of ads you will accept. Once you get to a minimum of $100, Google will either send you a paper check or make a direct deposit into your bank account.
The good news is that AdSense is the easiest way for bloggers to start making money with their sites. After writing the code on your site, the AdSense owners check out your site to see what kind of content is being displayed. They will then check their list of ads and insert related ones next to each of your articles.
How does AdSense work?
It starts with the bloggers who choose which keywords they would like to advertise on. Let’s suppose I want to advertise my newly created line of Women’s Makeup. I would choose certain keywords like “Makeup Kit, Lipsticks, Creams, etc.”. Adsense would then match my ads with:
· Those specific keywords that people type into Google.
· Websites that display AdSense ads.
Now that you have a better idea on what is AdSense, let’s see how it works in a step-by-step basis.
1. Make your ad spaces available:
Make your website ad spaces available by pasting the ad code on your site, and then choosing where you would like the ads to appear.
2. The highest paying ads appear on your site:
Advertisers bid to show their ads on your site (the more popular your site is, the more competition there will be). AdSense will automatically select the highest paying ads for your site.
3. You get paid:
AdSense handles the process of billing all advertisers and networks for the ads on your site.
Here's a recap on how easy it is to use AdSense:
· Select the ad you want on your site.
· Choose where you want the ads to appear.
· Watch the highest paying ads.
· Get paid from Google AdSense.
How can I make even more money from AdSense?
The reality is that with AdSense, you're not going to get rich quickly. Some ads are worth more money per click than others. This is also affected by the amount of traffic you get, the keywords the person has searched for, the percentage of visitors who click on a particular ad, etc.
Basically, your best bet for ad clicks is to increase your search traffic. When people are trying to solve a problem, they usually turn to search engines like Google or Bing. If you have a post that solves that problem, using SEO will help your post rank well in search results, so when people click on your blog post, the ads may answer the exact question that they’re asking.
Important Things to Remember:
· Don't click on your own ads.
· Don't encourage your friends or family to click your ads.
· Pay attention to your ad clicks.
· Never rely on AdSense as your one and only source of income.
· Don’t use more than 3 ad blocks on a single page.
· Make sure that your website has a lot of great content.
· Make sure that your content is unique and original.
Setting up your form of payment:
Sign into your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Add payment method.
- In the "Add a payment method" section, enter your bank account information.
- Click Save.
All in all, AdSense is a great way to make money online. It is easy to use, reliable, and works better than any other platform. When someone clicks on ads appearing on your website, you get a large portion of the revenue, despite being easy to setup and use. Godspeed!