I need an inventory database program written in Visual basic 6.0 with MS Access 2000 or MS Access XP backend and the use of a bar code scanner very similar to what a library uses but for IT products instead.
I have an inventory of computer and computer parts (PCs, memory sticks, harddrives, monitors, printers, toners, inks, DVD roms/cdroms/CDRWs, monitors, etc...) I need a program that will allow me to:
1) Scan a barcode or manually allow me to insert the number into the program.
2) Once inserted, it will allow me to put in a category (Harddrives, PC, memory sticks... etc). I need to be able to create/delete/edit new fields within the program.
3) Once in a category it should asked me description (For example a HARDDRIVE: it should ask me: BRAND Name, Model Number, Tag Number: and Description.
For Brand Name: I would put in WESTERN DIGITAL. For Model Number: I could put in WD120000. For Tag Number: I could put in N/A. For Description: I could put in Western Digital HD with 120 Gigs.
4) When I do that it will add a Harddrive into the database. I could search how many Western Digital HD I have or how many WD1200000 I have, or how many N/A I have in the database and it will list them out in a report. That goes also for PC, memory sticks, monitors, etc).
5) Now when I want to removed a device out of the inventory list I should be able to scan the barcode or manually put the barcode into the program. Once the barcode is inserted, it will ask me: NAME: and keep the information. For example: NAME: Joe Smith. Harddrive: WESTERN DIGITAL. Model Number: WD120000. Tag Number N/A. Description: Western Digital HD with 120 Gigs.
6) It should be able to search for: REMOVED ITEMS. Name: Joe Smith. It should pop up. NAME: Joe Smith. Harddrive: WESTERN DIGITAL. Model Number: WD120000. Tag Number N/A. Description: Western Digital HD with 120 Gigs.
This is pretty much it. As you could see its just like a library database program. If you have a problem understanding it, please email me and I will do my best to help you understand it. INCENTIVE: If I am completely satisfied I WILL DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF THE FINAL BID PRICE as TIP or up to double. If you have a program similar to this, please email it to me for review and I might just buy that one.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. The source code must have documentation stating what it is doing in the program (incase I need to update the program or someone else).
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MS Access 2000 or MS Access XP. Windows 98SE/2000/XP. Visual Basic 6.0. Minimum requirement Pentium 3: 450MHz, 128MB Ram.