- A strategic and operational understanding of the desktop publishing and design environment with over eight years of creative expertise in the fields of graphics, illustration, web design and digital photography.
- An exceptional ability to master new software and apply it creatively.
- Establishment and management of a printing services company.
- Co-Production and marketing of three live international music events which attracted over 2,000 visitors.
- High level performance and an ability to juggle conflicting priorities and make practical decisions under the most stringent deadlines.
- Reliable and seriously determined when working individually as well as being an outgoing, affable and supportive team player.
LANGUAGES: Fluent in Portuguese and English
(1996 - date) During the last eight years have successfully undertaken a number of short and medium term desktop publishing and web design related assignments on both a contract and freelance basis:
(2003 - 2004) Owner / Manager ON – Maputo, Mozambique
Created and managed a litho and digital printing services business specialising in the supply of low cost, high quality services to Mozambique’s litho printing sector. Main activities included regularly meeting with corporate and individual clients, providing work estimates, preparing business proposals, design, layout, prepress, overseeing the litho print production and coordinating all aspects of delivery as well as producing the company’s corporate identity, branding and creating innovative promotional material.
(2000) Website / Graphic Designer Golo – Maputo, Mozambique
Successfully undertook a medium term role for an award winning advertising agency. Duties mainly included executing the layout and design stages of a range of client websites, such as an airline, insurance company and mobile phone operator among others.
(1999) Website Designer Intra – Maputo, Mozambique
Effectively delivered a one year web design role for Maputo’s biggest wireless internet service provider. Duties encompassed interface design as well as the conceptualisation and production overview of a web portal prototype.
(1997) Website Designer Tropical Net – Maputo, Mozambique
Completed a one year internship for an internet service provider in Mozambique, mainly focusing on web design and related activities.
Other short term freelance based projects between 1998 – 2003 including the following:
- Design, photo restoration, prepress, litho print production and delivery of 200,000 full colour leaflets for a medical humanitarian organisation Medicins Sans Frontieres.
- Video editing for an advertising agency’s client, KIA Motors, at the annual Mozambique based FACIM International Trade Fair.
- Litho print production of a 30 page full colour magazine for the American International School of Mozambique as well as the design and production of stationery for Microsoft’s agent company in Mozambique.
- Co-production of three successful New Year’s live music events including the creation, design and production of advertising material, arranging several television, radio and newspaper interviews and co-ordinating overall marketing strategy.
- Design of posters, photo shoots and other promotional collateral for a South African band – 340ml - including designing and maintaining an award winning website.
- Design, layout and litho print production of postcards and posters for the Photofesta 2002, a series of photography exhibitions.
- Art direction, promotional photo shoots and displays for two debut South African record albums - Tumi and the Volume, MXO - as well as associated design and layout work.
- Design, layout and litho print production of bi-monthly newsletters and brochures for Livaningo, a non-profit environmental protection organisation.
- Production of large format full colour printed PVC banners for a non-profit organisation aimed at community development.
REFERENCES AND PORTFOLIO:
Available on request, or alternatively log on to [login to view URL]