1. Master Thesis (on Robotics and Control): Load Independent Trajectory Control for an Artificial Muscle. In this project, the aim is to develop an algorithm to control nonlinear artificial muscle in an accurate way. An electro-mechanical set-up is built and data acquisition system is developed to take data to extract the force-map of the artificial muscle. Two data acquisition cards communicate PC with experimental setup via LabView. The model is developed in Matlab environment.
2. Development of Visual C++ motion analysis software for rat experiments: In this project, it is aimed to quantitate brain damage of the rats by automatically evaluating the performance of them in Morris water maze or open field experiments. It will be used by the researchers at Psycho-biology Laboratory of Psychology Department at Bogazici University.
3. User interface development in Visual Studio .NET environment with C# for use of spring water sellers to manage their accounts. In this project, MySQL is used to store and edit data. Simple diary is developed and added for users to tag important dates and notes.
4. Outsourced project for serial port communication in Visual Basic to control a motor unit via computer.
5. Development of image analysis software in Matlab environment for determination of the asymmetry of the distributed proteins in the migrating cells.
6. Development of an image processing macro in NIH-Image for automatic measurement of the neuronal DNA damage.
7. Development of a Graphical User Interface named BUMILCAP (Bogazici University Cardiac Analysis Package) in Matlab for tag analysis of DICOM images of MRI. The interface includes various types of child windows. Main window lists, sends and receives data to its child windows.
Dicombrowser: Browses DICOM images and saves them as .mat format. It shows image details, add new series, and transfer images to its parent window for further analysis.
Taganalysis: Uses dicom images and contour data loaded to the main window to analyze tag points of MRI images.
Taganalysis Report: Reports the resulting data and images of taganalysis.
8. INTEL Teach to the Future Project: Adaptation of the project to the Turkish Curriculum, training of the instructors for the project purposes.
1. Embedded programming with Windows CE for weighing measurement devices: The device includes Vortex86 processor, 128 Mb RAM and a DiskOnChip for storing data. In this project users can fill a form and store into the database. Keyboard driver is cloned for various language versions of the program. USB and serial port connections are enabled. The program can be connected to a PC via Ethernet connection.
2. Development of Visual C++ image analysis software to semi-automatically analyze the brain damage by brain slice images and a brain atlas. The brain images of the rat are deformed on atlas image for the analysis.
3. PhD Thesis: Analysis of Myofascial Force Transmission of Muscles. In this project, a setup is being developed to provide smooth movement of the legs in MRI. When the setup is ready to use, tagged MRI images will be taken and analyzed. The investigation of the distribution of sarcomeres within the muscles will be the first step for PhD thesis.
• Computer Knowledge
• Programming: C&C++, MFC & API Programming, C# and .NET, Embedded Programming with Windows CE and Platform Builder, OpenGL and DirectX (Beginner), Matlab&Simulink, LabView, Xilinx, MySql, Visual Basic (Beginner), ASP (Beginner), HTML
• Software: Protel, NIH-Image, ImageJ, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Frontpage, HyperStudio, QuarkXPress, Latex