I need an app creating that will generate a simulated weather radar display. There are some caviats:
1. The app needs to run under Windows XP
2. The app needs to emulate the look of a 1960s/1970s orange screen forward looking radar dispaly (see [url removed, login to view] for an example)
3. I'm only interested in the display, not the controls, etc
4. The displayed image should sweep like a real radar set
5. The radar display would need to change over a period of time to simulate changing weather conditions (unless you can get it to use METAR data in real time......)
I'm not bothered what language is used, as long as the app is stand alone & excecutable
Be aware that the display is rectangular (not round) and sweeps through a 90 degree arc (-45 degrees to +45 degrees) as can be seen in the ebay listing photo - I AM NOT looking for a 360 degree sweep simulation
....also, the simulated display should look as accurate as possible (there are lots of images on the internet of what the display of an airborne weather radar set looks like), but the display should be greyscale except in shades of orange! The more realistic you can make it look, the happier I will be.
7 freelancers are bidding on average $165 for this job
I already have a radar library written in C# and getting the it to work with real data is going to be possible in 1 day. I can make the app as a single executable that runs on Windows XP SP1+ machines easily.
Hi, I am willing to do this work for you. Requirement is clear and I can deliver the product for you. Lets discuss and continue. Thank you and best regards,