Need proper legal research performed on this issue:
Is it legal for a US firm to hire programming contractors (freelancers) who reside overseas and are not legally authorized to work in the US?
This paper is for an important presentation. You must provide:
1. An executive summary of 150 words or less which CLEARLY answers the above question and give some support to your answer. Something like this: In this paper, you will find 5 related legal cases, 1 supreme court case and 2 quotations from IRS regulation XYZ and US labor law YYY. All of which unanimously and clearly state that it is legal/illegal to hire such contractors.
2. Quote at least 3 strongly related legal cases in the US supporting your opinion, preferably a supreme court case. Related means: someone sued saying, that’s illegal, you can’t hire programmers overseas who can’t legally work in the US. The court said: yey/nay You can substitute with clear/conclusive quotation from a government agency or US law.
3. Provide the official and verifiable source where you got your quotations. Clearly, we just can’t take your word for it. Hopefully, it will be a well known legal site or US government site, publically available US law, etc... Hopefully it won’t be: “on page 325, my law book says …”
4. Ideally, you won’t use the 1908 supreme court case of Adair v. United States and the notion of employment at will as strong support. A prior researcher based his conclusion on this case. I fail to see the logic in it: employment is at will, so that makes hiring illegals is ok…? Sounds weak to me. If you will quote this case, you must provide 5 others that are closer related to the issue.
5. You are not being paid as a lawyer and you are not making your case in court. You are being paid as a competent legal researcher. Your audience is a group of busy business people who have very little time for this. Please state your conclusion with brevity and clarity.
I already had a poor experience with a prior researcher. They ended up producing an emotional/personal dissertation on why they felt it should be legal…
For that reason, the project has an initial milestone worth 30% of your bid: prove that you are a competent legal researcher and have the legal research tools to satisfy items 2 and 3. I am not a lawyer, so it’s up to you to prove your ability. I’d think that a good researcher can point to his research sites, prior work, etc…
If I cannot feel confident in your ability, we can’t proceed. You receive $0 and the project is canceled. This is something that our firm must do, so we hope it won’t come to that.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $569 for this job
I can provide the quality legal research that you require, including the source citation, for $500 in 7 days or less. Thank you for youir consideration.
Please see the private message board for sample documents.
Hi, Thank you for the opportunity to place a bid on your project. I have done a similar project from a purely legal perspective on this site. On whether it is legal for US residents to outsource jobs abroad, and wo Daha Fazla
Hey, I'm a law student at one of the premier legal institutions in India. I have access to westlaw and heinonline and hence can provide an authentic researched paper. I do hope you would give me the opportunity to wri Daha Fazla
I just joined freelancer.com this afternoon based upon your ad. I love doing this type of research. It may be important to restate your question with perhaps more specificity. Simply because a business or firm is ow Daha Fazla