I am currently working with a thermal printer which uses bluetooth from iPhone, for an art project.
Not only the hardware itself is Window/android system based, and is not so iOS friendly in general - so far I have to use at least 3 applications and several steps just to create one 'receipt' I ultimately want/need. (The printer does not support AirPrint from iOS devices)
This is my current process in order to print one receipt:
1. use QR code generator, save it as an image
2. use 'Paperang' app, to create a format of the receipt including the QR code I've saved as an image because this app's QR code includes their own trademarks, which is not preferred. (Also the app only supports its own devices which do not fit my project’s aesthetic)
3. Yet the printer I have is not compatible with this app, so I need to save the template as an image (again)
4. at last, use 'POS-Printer' or 'ExpressPrint' app, to print the receipt as 'Print Image', while using bluetooth from my iPhone to keep the format of the receipt. (because the printer does not support Mac)
So I need an iOS app that can has basically 3 functions
1. Generate a QR code from given URL
2. Have a designed template (like a receipt) that I can upload the QR code generated from previous step
3. Print the receipt when the device is connected to the printer.
It could be step by step procedure, not necessarily separated categories/tabs to do so, because what I want to do is to be able to do all of those process in an app, instead of going through several apps. I don’t have to publish the app, it will be solely used on my devices and for the purpose of this project only.
I do have a very minimal background/experience in coding and web publishing but Xcode or app development - I definitely need a help.
The printer I use is E-INCOPAY Thermal Printer Receipt Mobile ([login to view URL]) I would love to know if this is even possible (the project is due in 40 days) but I hope I could find a great developer!