Hi I have a small website running on Joomla 1.5. I want to scale to multisite by adding the new WordPress 3.0 which the capability of multisite.
I am looking for an application which can handle the following tasks.
Must & Should:
1. User Registration should be handled by Joomla only. Maybe user sharing can be done to WordPress.
2. If a user logs into Joomla he should automatically login to WordPress too and If a User Logs in from WordPress he should automatically login to Joomla too.
3. If a user logs out of Joomla he should automatically get logged out of WordPress too and If a User logs out of WordPress he should automatically get logged out of Joomla too.
4. Option to keep both MYSQL Databases (Joomla & WordPress) must be separate or combined into one.
5. Plugin must also be compatible with Joomla 1.6. (Because I will upgrade to 1.6 as soon as the production stable version is released).
Let’s say a user visits my site and decided to register, When he clicks on the Register Button, could be from anywhere, a WordPress page or a Joomla page, he must be moved to a Joomla Registration Module. (Please note the registration form must be made as a Joomla Module and not a page or component as I would want to POP it up in a nice lightbox while designing my template and also place it at some specific module positions)
Now, once he registers, and confirms his email, he should be able to login from anywhere (can be a WordPress page or a Joomla page) however he should automatically get logged into the other application too. (Example: If he logs in from a Joomla Page, he automatically gets logged into WordPress and similarly the opposite when he does it from WordPress)
Similarly when he logs out from one application, he must get logged out from the other one too.
Desired but not Compulsion:
1. A multiple use WordPress Widget which can Get data of some specific Joomla Module Positions.
2. A multiple use Joomla Module which can get some specific WordPress Data like Recent Posts, Recent Comments, Feeds, Tags, Features Posta and other similar stuff.
3. A WordPress Plugin which can split WordPress 3.0 Multisite data into multiple databases. As you know WordPress Multisite creates data tables for all sub-blogs in a single database which can be a heavy load on server in a scenario of huge number of blogs and posts. (Currently I do not have any such load but I am just trying to be Future Ready just in case)
WordPress External DB authentication Plugin can be improved.
SharDB or HyperDB Plugins for WordPress Multisite Database Splitting.
Wordpress External DB Authentication : [url removed, login to view]
SharDB : [url removed, login to view]
HyperDB : [url removed, login to view]