I am looking for a basic but good looking website design.
New website for a small precision engineering company based in the UK.
Already have a logo, which can be used as the basis for the website design, but no other information.
Any design will need to be compatible with dreamweaver 8.
Create a ‘brochure' website to display the services offered by
• Design simple, clear, good looking, fresh website
(Although the website is for an engineering company, it is for a young vibrant company who offer a personal touch. Do not make the design too sterile)
• The website will be very basic initially with not much content so the design will need to reflect this (eg. Logo, nav bar, title, text, image)
• Incorporate the logo (attached) into the design of the website if possible
• Creation of home page design + a general template which I will be able to use for the additional pages
• Design using divs and css
• Create the nav bar / header as a base template • Include CSS styles for website and nav bar(standard, hover, active)
• This is a new company and as such doesn't really have any images yet. We will source these once the initial design of the website is done so please use any images as an example just to show image placement.
Need to create in css (rather than images ideally) as we will likely add a couple of extra links in the future (which I can amend the
• About Us
• Contact Us
Template 1 – Home Page
• Header - To include logo – if feasible really incorporate into main page design rather than just put at the top - this may not be feasible
• Need CSS styles to be manageable / Understandable for me to make any future changes.
• nav bar
• strapline – ‘a personal approach to precision engineering'
• brief explanation of company
• News area (scrollable)
Template 2 – General Page
This would basically include the header, navigation bar and footer from Index page. This will be used for general pages. This would probably be the main template to start with and all the others would be nested templates.
• Need a photo , main content editable region – with css styled background, h1, h2 and general text only..