Two separate challenges. You can provide your quote for either one or both. You can also provide a quote for each element only (for example, you only want to provide a quote for backing up the database and reinstalling oscommerce. That’s ok, but please make that clear.) I’d like to be able to compare my options and any alternatives you might have to propose. I am open to ideas.
First basic challenge:
I have a website and it has some errors in it. Instead of troubleshooting the errors, I want to start from scratch and “rebuild” or “reset” the site. (I don’t need a host.)
1. Backup existing product database and images from existing server for website: [url removed, login to view]
2. Delete everything from the current server, including all the files and databases
3. make sure the secure certificate is installed properly
4. re install oscommerce or zen cart or some free shopping cart and paypal friendly software and have settings to use https
5. re-install the products and pictures (based on backup of existing product database)
The overall look can remain the same as it is now. I have all those graphics and the logo and can provide them if needed (if not available through the backup). Essentially, I love what exists now, I just want to make sure it is secure.
Ideal End Product for first challenge: website that is secure, and parked on https:// , and is fully functional using os-commerce or zencart or similar software for ecommerce.
Create a brand new website using os-commerce or zencart.
Graphic design itself is not required – I have the required graphics, logos, products already.
Your job would be to:
1. Create a brand new SECURE website using os-commerce or zen-cart. Why one of these softwares? Because it has an easy to use admin panel for me, your client, to manage the shop. I am not a technical person and need it to be as easy as possible.
2. The look for this 2nd challenge, however, is not just basic like it is currently on [url removed, login to view]; it has some customized features like:
a. scrolling newsletter panel that I, the shop owner, can modify as I wish.
b. a panel that would link to another website, much like an advertisement
c. for an idea of what I mean, check out www.day-lab.com. I LOVE THIS LOOK. Everything about it is great.
Remember, however you design it, it must have an admin panel like those offered by os-commerce and zencart so that I can manipulate it easily after your initial set up.
Please also indicate how long [customer/technical] service would be provided after the initial set-up. What will our relationship entail? How long will it take for you to perform either challenge?
I need to know that I can trust you – please provide references and samples or your portfolio. If you simply answer that you can do it, you are not responsive to this solicitation, and you will not be considered. I am in the U.S. If you are proposing a response from a country other than the U.S., you must have a contact phone number and instant messaging capability (e.g. MSN, AIM, Google) for ease of communication.