Our company would like to build a DLNA/uPNP based application which has Server (DMS) and Control Point (DMC) function for computers running MS Windows. We recommend that you use and modify existing open source DLNA/uPNP application, rather than develop from scratch to reduce time/effort required to full fill our requirements.
Unless you can provide better suggestions, we would prefer that you build our application based on XBMC because XBMC already support Windows, OS X and other platforms, potentially making it easier for subsequent work.
We can negotiate the project deadline if you have concerns.
The same or separate windows application with renderer (DMR) function is also desired but not required immediately. You may provide a separate quotation which will have DMR function.
We are also interested to develop the same application for OS X and IOS platform if you win this project and able to deliver this project well. Otherwise, we may have other projects/applications (Android, Windows, OS X, IOS) for you to build too.
1) If you are considering this project, make sure you can deliver the project by deadline and able to submit status update on time.
2) Able to communicate during your working hours by voice/instant messaging.
Failure of the above will result in project cancellation.
- Compliant with standard DLNA/uPNP devices, such as WMP, XBMC, etc?, unless otherwise advised.
- Able to continue function normally or able to detect disconnection when any connected DMR/DMS/DMC quits unexpectedly.
- DLNA works without the LAN being connected to internet
- run on Windows XP, Vista, 7
- well designed and user friendly UI is necessary
- good looking UI is preferred and desired
- Except the test build, the final build may only recognize and connects with our company's products (by checking for a specific Manufacture's name in the XML device description file sent by the device)
- act as media server serving Video/Audio/Images/Documents
- the application will scan and build its own media library (similar to WMP's)
- allow browsing by file directory as well as by category: Video/Audio/Images/Documents
- able to control media renderer (DMC) and push media to the renderer
- File browsing interface: 5 main top level folder/category: Video/Image/Audio/Documents/Browse Folders
- Standard DLNA Playback controls and features - Able to show current playlist
- save/load playlist to computer
(further details on the DMC to be provided later..)
Known open source DLNA applications, which you may use to modify and build our required application
- [url removed, login to view]
- KinskyDesktop: [url removed, login to view]
- VLC (windows uPNP support not completed)
For more: [url removed, login to view]
- standalone/integrated into the application above
- separate bid/project to above
- may only needed after the project above is completed
- minimal UI required
- main UI is for the music playback interface to display the currently playing music name, album, artists and the playlist